Kimberley Bedroom Renovation: Before & After
Renovations in our own home take forever. It's the blessing and the curse of living with a contractor; James can do all the work needed in our house but he's too busy doing other people's renovations, and too much of a perfectionist to let anyone else do it.
But, one year after tearing down the first walls, I can finally show off our completed new bedroom renovation for our baby Green Goose, who arrived last May!
The original room had some decrepit shelves, a useless half-closet, and smelled like stale mothballs. Here's a run-down of what James did to turn it into a wonderful, fresh-scented nursery:
- moved a wall,
- put in a new closet,
- added extra insulation inside the walls to keep it warm and reduce heating costs,
- redid the floor,
- removed the gross ceiling tiles and made a new ceiling,
- took down the office-style strip lighting and put in a normal light,
- added extra power outlets (using the baby-safe covers),
- painted (including painting the mountains himself),
- installed new window casings and baseboards, and
- probably some other stuff I don't know about!
(The lines in that photo are a bit squiffy because I'm not good at taking photos on the panoramic setting. They're actually nice and straight!)
The owl picture was hand painted by our baby's grandmother, just for him!
Our reading and nursing corner:
The new closet:
Every baby's favourite sleeping buddy, Blitz the Seahawks mascot!:
And of course, no nursery is complete without a baby:
Farewell for now!